⌟ Grow Your Family
Learn how we can help you make the right choices for life’s important financial decisions.
Our experts can provide you with more information on:
- How to design your Tax Minimising Strategy
- How to find a property that pays for itself
- How to invest smart
- Refinancing your current loan with new one
- How to build a debt-recycling strategy
- and more…
Making plans to start a family or increase your existing one can be a joy. And on a practical level, expenses can go up while your income drops if you take time off work.
Usually one or both parents will take some time off work when a new baby arrives. While a reduction in income can present obvious short-term challenges, there can also be impacts on your long-term financial position.
How We Can Help
We’re here to help you look ahead and be financially prepared for all that comes with growing your family, which could include:
- The costs of raising children—including child care and education costs.
- The impact on your household income, and on other goals you have.
- How to meet upcoming expenses while setting a path to help your children’s financial future.
- The need for insurance such as Income Protection, Death and Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) and Trauma Insurance and whether they will be appropriate for both of you.
Q : How can a Financial Advisor help us prepare financially whilst our family grows?
A: Starting a family is exciting, but it can also mean big changes to your lifestyle and your finances.
Planet Wealth will help you create and manage your budget. We can help you prioritise your existing debts. We can plan for your Financial journey whilst you focus on growing your family.
Q : As our family grows are there any one-off expenses we need to think about?
A: It’s exciting to welcome a new addition to the family, but it can be an expensive and overwhelming time.
You can start planning for: Medical costs, private health insurance, items to purchase for a new baby e.g. cot, pram, car seat, change table, baby clothes, nappies, formula etc. It is also a good idea to consider the cost of Child Care.
Q : Is there any financial assistance available to us?
A: You may be eligible for financial assistance such as: paid parental leave from your employer, government paid parental leave, family tax benefit etc. A Financial Advisor can provide general information, however you should contact your Employer and Centrelink for a full assessment of your entitlements.
Book an Initial Consultation
You can also contact us or AMP if you do not wish to receive information about products, services or offers available from us or AMP from time to time.